Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Help! My child has hit puberty...I think.

My first born, sweet, soft spoken, has never given me an ounce of trouble, eleven year old boy went from this:



to this....in 0.25 seconds




He has HIT Puberty....!!!!!


So...here's how it happend... I'm just in the kitchen.... minding my OWN business....cooking dinner and buzzing around the kitchen. My son, Will, is sitting at the table and just all of sudden blurted out that he has girlfriend....

what. run that by me again.

No, I didnt say it...but i thought it!! My face got all hot and I had to quickly think of something to say. The only thing I could think of was....

Ohhhh...! Well....that's niiiice...! gulp.

So... I guess I should be glad the he is confiding in me about things like this. I'm just not ready...GOD...why me...why now...! He's my first booorn chiiiild!!! It's not tiiime...whyyyyy....! (give me a sec to compose myself)

Ok...where was I...? Oh. so anyway. Here's how the convo went...

Will: Mom, I have a girlfriend.

Me: Ohhh...well...thats nice...!

Will: Her name is Kendle

ME: Well how do youknow she's your girlgriend.

Will: Because... I like her and she likes me....!

Me: Oh...Okaaay. sigh.

Will: Plus...everbody in the whole class has a girlfriend , except me...but now I do!

Me: Well..that's good..(I think. sigh)

Well...about THAT time...little sister, the QUEEN, Hannah, caught wind of the convo and said:

Queen: Mama say whuuuut....? (here we go)

(no response)

Queen: Did he just say he had a giiiirlfriend???

(no reponse) (trying to keep at a minimum humility level)

Queen: Oh..I am SO telling everybody on the bus!! (uggh)

While they are hashing it out at the kitchen table..the only things running through my mind are:

Girlfriend.
Kissing.
Sex.
Smoking.
Drugs.
Alchohol.
Unprotected Sex.
Lifetime Movie Network.
More Girlfiends.

Somebody shake me......wake me up from this nightmare.....pleeease!!!

3 comments:

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Oh! I am sooooo scared for this moment. Mine is only 7, but it happens over night. I swear he was just a baby!

And why am I scared? Because I remember my teenage years! Don't let them be like me. PLEASE!!!!! :)

Christie said...

Oh my goodness. I'm not ready for that stage yet!
Good luck!

Solei said...

LOL !!!
I'm right there with ya! My Monkey's 10 & I'm oh so scared of when that happens!!! She knows she can come to me with anything, but a boyfriend, hell no! At least not yet! Give me a century or so, lol.

=0D