Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2.5 Hours of Nutcracker Fame on Wordful Wednesday


This week for Wordful
Wednesday...


I am soooo proud of my little Taylor. He came home from school last week and told me that he WON 2 tickets to go and see the Virginia Ballet perform the Nutcracker on Saturday. I asked him how he won these tickets and he said it was because of his artwork. I still had NO idea what he was talking about.

UNTIL...Friday when he came home with the tickets. I figured it would be a great learning experience for them....so I called the box office to order two more tickets for my other two kiddos and I asked the lady if we were going to be able to SEE Taylor's artwork that WON him the tickets...
and she said...

MA'AM...His ARTWORK is going to be PRINTED on the FRONT of the PROGRAMS!!!

I said...SAY WHAT?

She said...YES...the picture he drew of a Nutcracker was chosen out of the WHOLE SECOND GRADE.


I said...SAY WHAT?

I had NO idea that there was even a contest going on.

Just call me Mother. of. the. Year.




Taylor's Winning Nutcracker!



The PROGRAM!


(I got like 20 of them to give as Christmas Gifts)



Part of the Cast! The show was Fab.u.lous!!

Hot Dude in White Tights...

25 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

How awesome!!! You must be bursting with pride! He's talented. He's like my 8 yo nephew. Some kids just have the it factor!!!!

Divine Chaos said...

How cool!! We just went to see the Nutcracker last Sunday. It's my favoritest of all favorite ballets ... and it was my daughter's first time seeing it :)

Congrats on winning, little man!!

Diane said...

Too cool! You deserve to brag :)

Hey, I gave you the letter M (I left a note on your last post, but wasn't sure if you'd see it).

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

What a wonderful honor! You must be a proud Mommy!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

fantastic!!

Melissa said...

HOW GREAT!!! So Miss "Mother of the year"...how does it feel to be the parent of a famous artist??

Jenners said...

Visiting from Wordful Wednesday...

You might get two comments because something went wrong on my previous one! Of course, you can never get too many comments right?

Anyway, your son's drawing is fanstastic! what talent! I don't think I could draw a nutcraker this good! Sometimes kids surprise you ... and in a GOOD way! What a great gift for you!

Elaine A. said...

WOW! I am IM-PRESSED! That drawing is wonderful. I have to say you must have a budding littler artist on your hands there. And I'm glad you all enjoyed the show too!

sticky said...

That is so wonderful! Congrats to you and your talented boy!!

Looks like you had a blast...

Amy said...

So wonderful! A magical WW to you!

mommytoalot said...

How wonderful that he won. What a budding little artist you have.

Letti said...

That is awesome. What a treasure and a great memory. SO cool.

Lisa said...

That is so awesome! A very proud mama moment =) Congrats to the both of you.

Brenda said...

Now THAT is something to be proud of, and very blogable!

I took my kids to see The Nutcracker every.single.year growing up. Don't regret it. They are both brillant and I attribute part of it to Tchaikosky.

:)

Farming Fabulously said...

You should be a very proud mama..I am sure the kiddo's had a great experience at the ballet.

Michelle said...

That is so neat! :)

ChefDruck said...

Wow! Congratulations. That is a beautiful picture.

Divine Chaos said...

thanks for swinging by my blog! I just popped over to let you know that the "Complete Oxy&Orange Stain & Odor remover" works wonders for smelly kid feet ;) You can find it in the pet section. lol

Ronda's Rants said...

How cool? He is very talented!

angie said...

WOW! What an exciting surprise. He nutcracker is pretty darn amazing! Bet it made the ballet all the more special this year!

TattooedMinivanMom said...

I loves the nutcracker. The ballet, not the tool...or my knee.

That's a great nutcracker picture!

April said...

That's awesome. Congrats to the little guy! Sounds like something I would go threw. Son comes home and says I WON and me saying Won what? LOL

Jill Scott said...

Don't feel bad about not knowing. Communication is a two-way street and his teacher could have let you know. Great picture, by the way. Will you frame it?

I came to check out your blog because I saw you started following me. Thank you! I love your way with words and your sense of humor. I'll be back.

Jennifer said...

Wow--what an honor! Big congrats to him on his amazing drawing!!

Stu Pidasso said...

that is just awesome for Taylor.